Saturday 19 January 2013

Makeup Haul - Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MAC, YSL

Hi Ladies :)

This week I did a little shopping and thought I would show you all.

First Up for the Laura Mercier, I ran out of my moisturiser so I replaced. I use the Flawless skin mega moisturizer. I then bought a back up of my primer which is the oil free. For most of my foundations I use this primer (other than a few really matt ones), I was really struggling with my foundation slipping by mid day and since using this primer I can honestly say I haven't had a day in which this has happened. Highly recommended. I then purchased another lip liner in Hazelnut Tea.

Laura Mercier Hazelnut Tea
 
Laura Mercier, in my opinion is a really underrated makeup brand and I honestly can say that all their products I have tried are fantastic from skin care to foundations, to primers, blushes, eye shadows etc.
If you happen to be in Adelaide Cathy at the Myer Adelaide store is an absolute gem!! Their events are also the best I have been too.


I then headed over to Bobbi Brown as I watched another video from Lorraine (current custom) and realised this isn't a brand I have explored a great deal so I thought I would see if anything caught my eye.
When speaking with the sales consultant she explained that Bobbi Brown is not known for Smoky eyes and the like, the philosophy is natural no makeup makeup.
I did notice the eye shadows were all in the neutral department bar 2.

 


Swatches from top to bottom: Pale Pink Lip liner, Sandy Gold long wear cream shadow, Hot stone eye shadow.

The moment I saw the lip liner and swatched it I knew that would be coming home with me! and lucky enough the sales person informed me it was discontinued and I had taken the last one!
I wanted to try a cream shadow as I have heard they are great and simply wanted something to wear which was easy to blend in. I think I will still use my Too Faced Shadow Insurance underneath as cream products on eyes make me nervous.
Finally, the eye shadow was really the only shade that I felt wasn't like other things in my collection. Given that I have pretty much every neutral MAC have ever made it was difficult however this colour has such a cool tone to it with a brown ashy quality I liked.


I have been kicking myself for quite some time for not picking up Mac's Coffee Walnut Pro sculpting cream and as I was walking through Myer today decided to ask if they possibly had any left to my surprise their was 1 left which I was ecstatic about, I think this product is going to need some getting used to but we shall see, I may even use this in my kit.
The YSL glossy stain in 19 was an impulse purchase, they were (yet again) out of most of the Rouge Volupte lipsticks (my all time favourite lipsticks) and I am a sucker for a neutral so I decided I would give it a try.

Top: Coffee Walnut, Bottom: YSL Glossy Stain Number 19.

Have a great rest of weekend.

Pemily.

XO




4 comments:

  1. Hi Pemily thank you so much for following my blog as it led me to yours! I absolutely love it and have just read pretty much every post! Your reviews are so refreshingly real & honest and I love your taste in beauty products ;)

    Look forward to reading more...

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic :)
    I was looking for some Laura Mercier Lipstick swatches and came across your amazing blog.... it appears we have similar taste.

    Thankyou for the lovely comment.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm loving all the natural shades and swatches :)

    ReplyDelete