Saturday 22 December 2012

Favourite Products Of 2012 - Makeup



Hello Ladies,

It wasn't easy but I have gone through my collection and decided on which products were my favourite of 2012.

Please note: all products were available throughout 2012 and I have attempted to keep limited edition releases to a minimum.

Enjoy!


First up we have the foundations.

Nars Sheer Glow: My shade is Syracuse, I love the "glow" this product gives my face, it can be built up to be a medium coverage but what I love about this foundation is the hydration it gives my skin.
Estee Lauder Double Wear: I have been wearing this foundation for roughly 6 months and it is my holy grail. My shade is Shell Beige 05 and it is perfect. This foundation is not matte on my skin, nor is it drying at all. What I love most about this foundation is its versatility, I can build up to a heavy coverage which will cover pigmentation marks or sheer down for every day wear.
Chanel Soleil Tan: I love this product! I add a few drops to my foundation (any brand) and it doesn't darken, it simply adds a subtle glow. It is one of the only products I have found on the market that won't emhasise pores, whenever I am wearing this and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I think, wow! my conplexion looks great today, what is it? LOL
Georgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder: I feel uneasy including this in my blog post because this powder foundation is $85 for  6.6g (that is half the size of NARS or MAC). If you can get past the price point this powder really is like silk.  It is smooth and finelly milled but does not leave me feeling cakey or powdery.



Next Up cheek Products, from the Left

Dior Amber Diamonds: I purcchased this product due to hearing raves from: @tanyaburr of Pixi2woo, @missglamorazzi & Fleur De Force, this product continued to show up in their monthly faves, I finally tracked it down through strawberry net and I love it! It is not for the faint hearted but it is a gorgeous highlighter when applied mildly.
Mac Pink Cult blush: This is my Holy grail blush. I own nothing similar at all, when I purchased this product I thought it would not show on my Mac NW35 skin however it does beautifully, it is a very pigmented mauve type color with what I believe to be grey undertones. please note this was a limited edition product.
Nars Multiple in Malibu: This multiple was purchased in a trio and I find it to be amazing, multiples individually are extremly expensive and not all are amazing however I love this color with a small amount of a similar blush on the top, it adds so much extra dimension to a look.
Mac Light Year MSF: This too was a limited edition product, this MSF is not a total glitter bomb and the beautiful nude color looks amazing on the top of cheek bones.
Chanel Plum attraction rouge contrast:  The Chanel blushes have the most amazing scent, like roses and not that fake smell, real roses! the blushes retail for $79 I believe, which is very expensive but the quality is there which makes me feel a little better. The color is great for a contour and blends very easily so dont be scared by the reddened purple pan color.
Chanel Espigle rouge contrast: Another $79 blush, however this is so finely milled it is worthy of the price tag. The color is a peachy pink with fine gold glitter. amazing.



 Eyes next, from the left

Mac Extra Dimension eyeshadow pink venus: Limited edition, sorry ladies. This eyeshadow is amazing only a soft pink however so smooth and blendable a dream to work with.
Mac Extra Dimension eyeshadow rich core: Once again, limited edition. This is the perfect shade for my dark brown eyes, I often wear this with pink venus and get many compliments.
Nars night star: This is such an efortless eyeshadow. On days I am in a rush I will apply this all over the lid with a brown eyeliner and be done. It is quite glittery but that is what Nars are good at.
Mac pigment in Reflects Pearl: Out of all my reflects pigments this so far is my favourite, I did haul quite a few recently so I will show you shortly). I use this product with fix plus over the lighter half of a smokey eye and it looks fantastic.
Mac eyeshadow in Trax: This has been a favourite of mine since day one. It is a beautiful purple with gold glitter. When creating a dramatic eye I will use this around the socket for dimension. It is amazing.
Laura Mercier Lingere Palette: Funny story with this, I rung my local LM Counter when I saw this online to ask if the Lingere Collection had come out to be told that they do not sell Lingerie, only makeup :) The eyeshadows in the Lingere palette are phenominal, all of them. favourites include: buff pearl and tawny apricot. The palette was limited edition however I don't believe all the eyeshadows are.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Original: I have already raved about this product so please check out my Kit Cosmetics Haul, Best eye primer ever!


 Finally for lips,

Illamasqua Fable Lipstick: This is a great lipstick to be worn with a brown liner such as Mac's electra. It is extremly matte however if you take care of your lips the color and pigmentation is amazing!
Ysl Rouge Volupte No 1: The rouge volupte is my all time favourite lipstick formula, they are so creamy and pigmented. This color is a gorgeous nude color that looks amazing with heavy eye makeup.
YSL Rouge Volupte No 30: Same as above, however this is a peachy color amazing on dark skin.
Mac Electra Pro Longwear Lip Pencil: This Lip Pencil is so smooth, doesn't tug or dry lips. Just a great staple brown with no orange or pink undertones.
Mac Creme Cup: My most worn out Lipstick, a beautiful nude pink that is pigmented and hydrating.

That Is everything Ladies,
Just a few products that I also should mention include: Diorskin nude concealer, and Laura Mercier metallic creme in Alloy.

What were your favourite products of 2012?

XO
Pemily

2 comments:

  1. Lovely favourites :) I haven't tried any NARS products but I really want to!

    And just followed you! Glad to find another aussie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sheri :-)

      Thankyou for the lovely comment I would start with their blushes I'm yet to meet one I don't like (today i wore angelike...)

      Delete