Monday 17 December 2012

Sydney Haul - Tom Ford, Burberry, KIT Cosmetics

Hello :)
Here is another portion of my Sydney Haul!!!
almost there now ladies.
apologies on the delay :)
Let's get started!





First up the Burberry, Let me start by saying that I had an absolutely lovely lovely salesman.... he was attentive, NOT Pushy and gave me loads and loads of freebies!! I cannot remember his name but he mentioned that he was the Makeup artist for Burberry and was not assigned to one counter...



First up, the eye shadows, from L:R pale barley, rosewood, tea rose.
these eye shadows are heavy, really really heavy!! (the packaging I am referring too), think double the weight of a Chanel and then some...... they seem to be a metal container that is gun metal in colour with the signature Burberry plaid packaging. The eye shadows retailed for $45 each which I believe is an expectant price for a brand such as Burberry, after all this is what we pay at Chanel.


I also purchased this lipstick in No. 2 Cameo, this lipstick is amazing! it has a little metallic in it which is something I would generally HATE but! I love it and it is so effortless to wear. I also really like the way the lid is magnetic, you need to turn it to the right side and it magnetises, so cool!
The Lipstick was $49.


The final instalment of my Burberry, believe it or not all these products were Free, F-R-E-E!!!!!
from the top: a sample of their sheer concealer, full size eye make-up remover, 2 samples of sheer foundation and 2 (TWO) full size makeup brushes, one being a blending brush which looks like a Mac 224, the other a pencil brush which is reminiscent of the Mac pencil brush, I was also given some perfume samples for men and women.

As you can see I was spoilt at the Burberry counter, us high end hauling makeup girls know that there are few and far between GWP's and samples given at these counters so once in a while it is nice to be appreciated and encouraged to sample the products.



Whilst in Sydney I had to stop past a Tom Ford counter to check out Tom Ford as TheCurrentCustom (Lorraine) and Christine from Temptalia rave about their products.
Lorraine loves their brushes so I decided to try out the No 12 Eye brush, I did want the face also however they had no stock. In all honesty for $75 yes that's Right $75 I would NOT repurchase, In my opinion the Mac 239 is a much better brush, although they are similar the Tom Ford has a slightly tapered head that I find to be very un useful on a brush like this.
I checked out the eye shadows but only quads were available and I found them to be all glitter and no pigmentation, not true to pan at all, this is how I feel about YSL eyeshadow quads.... no thanks, not at that price point (over $100), in Adelaide DJ's you can purchase Tom Ford Lipsticks but I didn't want to walk away with 1 product so I also purchased this lipstick in Nude Vanille, best thing about this product.... the packaging. it really is beautiful. The lipstick is nice but I find it to be a little drying and at $65 i want a perfect lipstick.

whilst in Sydney I was sporting an orange spray tan, we had a little mishap with the machine i think :) so foundations at the time were not an option, I did explain this to the salesman and asked for a sample to take home once the hideous tan came off and I was told (at no fault of the salesperson) Tom Ford does not believe in samples, this did annoy me a little considering I had just come from Burberry so I guess next time I am in Sydney I will go in store without any makeup on.



Kit Cosmetics is the sister company to Mecca Cosmetica, in Adelaide we do have 2 Mecca stores but no Kit so I wanted to take advantage of some of these US coveted brands whilst I was in Sydney!
I wanted to burn some serious money however not a great deal really appealed to me at the time. The first item I purchased was the Photo Op eye Palette, Soft box by Smashbox, in this palette there are 2 matte shades accompanied by 4 shimmers, on the back of the palette there is a QR scan to get the look and also a sticker to peel back with 2 looks to copy.
At the top we have a Mario Badescu drying lotion, This brand is constantly talked about! this product is fantastic, my pimples are literally gone within a day, no more gross white puss filled lumps on the surface.
finally my treasure of what could be the whole trip Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Oh my! this product is brilliant! eye shadows do not move! 40 degree heat is nothing for this primer. I have worn this everyday since I have been back and apply with my fingers right up to the brow bone, I purchased the original formula as that's all I will need.


well that's FINALLY it for my  Sydney hauling but now I have approx 10 more bags of makeup to show everyone..... I need to go to a makeup AA meeting!!! so please do let me know if there is anything you would like an in depth review on our would like swatches off and don't forget to vote on what you would like to see on the blog.

XO

Pemily

No comments:

Post a Comment