Sunday 18 December 2011

My Foundation Collection

Hey Ladies,
I thought it would be fun to show you my Foundation collection today. Given the time of year I am sure we are all getting dolled up and hopefully here I can help some people in making decisions when it comes to what foundation they are wanting to purchase.


First up we have Mat Lumiere. Let me start off by saying that this was a total accident purchase! I was in Bangkok and wanted to purchase Pro Lumiere and the sales assistant and I were struggling to communicate due to the language barrier, I did not notice until I was home that I had received this foundation and Chanel would not return the product.

Chanel's description of this foundation is as follows:

"Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours."
Let me start off by saying that ALL of Chanel's foundations are yellow based. I have yellow based skin however I rather wear a pink based foundation and blend blend blend :) This foundation does live up to the 12 hour mark and it does not oil on my skin. One thing I have however noticed is that if you are blending matte eye shadows this foundation will make it difficult because it does not budge on the skin. I like to mix it with Pro Lumiere for the hold.



Next up we have Chanel's Pro Lumiere, this foundation was very recently discontinued why, I don't know because it is the best foundation I have ever tried. It is dewy while also being full coverage. This is a trait that most brands cannot achieve. This foundation is very dewy so sometimes I like to add a little powder/bronzer over the top to counteract (I do not want to look greasy).

Chanel's description of this foundation is as follows:

"A flawless complexion in any light. PRO LUMIÈRE stretches like a canvas that forms a curtain veil of light on the skin. The material reshapes the skin, the colour adapts and the density adjusts depending on the desired effect. Soft to the touch and perfectly adjustable when applied, the PRO LUMIÈRE formula is highly concentrated in with high-tech radiance-emitting active ingredients.
Rich in reflecting pigments and emollient elements that leave the complexion looking flawless, it also recreates the smoothing performance effect of artificial light.
Blended in completely, it offers a semi-matte and luminous translucent result. Less blended, it provides a smoothing effect with perfectly even skin and tighter pores."


That's a mouthful!

The other bonus of this foundation is the fact that it is so dewy however I do not "grease up" throughout the day.


Next Up we have Mac's Studio Fix Fluid foundation.
I have been using this foundation for years! I believe that this would be one of the most popular foundations world wide. Great coverage and at the price point people can afford to wear this every day :)
One of the faults I find with Mac foundations is the colour system. They have a great range of colours however they are either very pink based or very yellow based. The NW shades are the pink based while NW are the  yellow based. I tend to like to mix two together and then I find they are perfect.

Mac's description is as follows:

"A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free."
Let me start of by saying that I would definitely not call this foundation Matte, It is not the dewiest but I would not call it Matte either.
Girls, this is a great foundation to start out with just keep in mind that the coverage is quite high!


Next Up we have Mac's Studio Sculpt.
I started using this foundation after Studio Fix and really love it for a day in which I do not want a full coverage finish as is Studio Fix. This foundation is very natural looking and makes blending eye shadows a dream!
I definitely would not recommend this for people with oily skin as I found when My skin was having problems (thank you Mac Wipes) this would grease up by lunch time.

Mac's description of this foundations is as follows:

"A creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish. Hydrating, instantly revitalizes the skin while keeping it looking smooth, soft and plush. Long-wearing, water-resistant."
Definitely one to try out :)


Next up we have a product that is raved about! Makeup Forever HD Foundation.
This foundation is yummy! and is definitely worth the hype! MUFE have a great range of colours to select and if you ladies are wondering where you can by this product in Adelaide Media Makeup in the CBD stock the products and stay in line with the US prices unlike *cough*Mecca Cosmetica *cough*
This foundation applies beautifully and achieves quite a flawless look. I really love the fact that I do not have to apply a powder after this product.

MUFE describes this product as:

"The MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion products use innovative formula's to create a new generation of make up which is both invisible on HD cameras and to the naked eye. The HD Foundation is an oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfections, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. Its extremely fine texture is supple and easy to apply. Enriched with moisturising agents, it leaves the skin soft and radiant. It is available in a wide range of shades to suit all skin tones."
I ttotally agree with their description.



Last but not least I have an Etude House BB Cream, I purchased this in Bangkok as Etude is HUGE over there, now I could be wrong but I believe Sydney may have a store also?
This foundation is very much designed for people of Asian decent in my opinion. The colour that was matched to me is a yellow with grey undertones. The beauty of this product is that it will slightly adjust to your skins natural colour (better than any other foundation I have tried).

Etude's description is as follows

"Precious Mineral BB Cream promotes silky complexion and brightened look with pearl infused sheer coverage.  Improved SPF protection with a hypoallergenic and oil-free formula."

This foundation can be quite thick however it applies like a dream.


What foundation's are your HG and why?

xo

Pemily

No comments:

Post a Comment